Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Road Warriors



I have tried, really, to be a responsible mother and seatbelt my kids in whenever we go for a drive.  However, this has been a disaster.  I tried it three times with three different devices with Lucille when I got her and she would run around in circles until she was all tangeled up and almost choking.  I've tried it three times again with three different devices with Rocky and again, I have failed.  With the first two devices, she simply maneuvered her way out of them (I should have names her David Copperfield) and today, she got all tangled up and started crying on the way from Lincoln to Omaha.  I pulled over to release her and it gtook a lot of work to free her and meanwhile, Lucille snuck out of the car, giving me a panic attack when I couldn't find her in the front seat after I was done with Rocky.  It was straight out of Lifetime Movies when a mom loses her child - screaming, crying, the whole thing.  "LUUUUCCCCIIIIIILLLLEEEE!!!!!"

Finally she skipped up to me and I put her on the car and we were off again.  Rocky was free in the back and she kept lunging to the middle console and try to move to the front.  She's a strong and stubborn girl (like her namesake) and it takes A LOT of strength to push her back.  We almost got into two accidents on the way home today.  So...what is a girl to do??? 

No comments: