Saturday, March 13, 2010

...No shame...

I understand the argument, ok! I know that dogs are dogs, not people, and therefore to "some" it is inappropriate to dress dogs up in cute little outfits. I whole heartedly disagree. If this is based on the idea that dogs are animals that are related to their wild counterparts, I don't buy it. I mean, are dogs supposed to eat kibble made with rice and vegetables? Is that what I would find African Wild dogs eating? In the wild do dogs have warm beds and are they crate trained? Most rescues recommend crate training, something that I fully use, but since it's a DOG should I not crate train her? Psssh.

Lucy looks fabulous in clothes and bandanas and she enjoys the attention. During the last presidential campaign, she was a great ambassador for democrats when we showed our presence at Sarah Palin's speaking engagement. Republicans love a well-dressed pug, even when she's wearing an "Obama '08" shirt. It was a good way to start engaging in dialogue. Sure, some may argue that I am taking away my dogs' dignity by dressing them up...those people obviously don't know how flattering pink can be. :p

No comments: