Friday, March 19, 2010

"I Give Props to Those Who Deserve It" Part 1

Like all working girls with families, I am a busy woman.  Luckily, there are doggie daycares in Omaha that have pretty much saved my life.  I'm also a babe on a budget so when I was looking for a daycare for Lucille last year, I found the most fabulous place.  It's Noah's Bark located at 35th and Center. OMG, I absolutely love this place.  The oweners, Rick and Nancy are absolutely amazing.  I love them!  Of course, when I first started taking my baby to daycare I was a nervous wreck worrying about her.  I'd call a few times a day and they were very understanding and considerate.  Lucille had a blast and I was a devout believer in doggie daycare.  I dropped her off before work and picked her up after and she litterally fell asleep in my lap with her head resting on my arm while we drove home.  She was tuckered out and her crazy puppy energy was gone.  She was mellow and happy.  What's also great about Noah's Bark is that, not only does your dog become apart of the daycare's family, but you do too.  There's a real sense of community there between customers and the owners.  After a long day at the office, stopping by the daycare was a breath of fresh air.  Rick and Nancy are just so nice and they are genuinely good people with wonderful senses of humor.

Another bonus about Noah's Bark is that instead of using overnight kennels when I go on a trip, for a small extra charge they will actually take both of my dogs home with them in the evening.  It is such a relief know that they are safe and warm in the home of people I trust.  They even let my pups sleep in their bed with them!!

Another reason I love Noah's Bark is that, in addition to being great people with a business they enjoy, they genuinely care.  They care about the dogs' owners, but more importantly, they really care about their canine clients.  I'd like to think that Lucille got the royal treatment, but I'm pretty sure Rick and Nancy treat every dog like that (kind of like how my grandma had a way of making all of her grankids think they were her #1).  I get emails from them from time to time checking up on the pups and they really make you and your dog special.

Did I mention that they are super affordable??

Ok, I swear they aren't paying me for this write-up.  I genuinely feel this way and they deserve every kind word they get.  A couple of cool things to note: You know how I was talking about the Noah's Bark community?  The last Friday of each month is Yappy Hour where they invite "moms and dads" to join them after work for food, drinks, and play time with their dogs.  They also do adult outings to wineries and fun things like that.

Their web page is www.inoahsbark.com and they also have a monthly email newsletter that you can sign up for.  Check 'em out!

No comments: